A well-known Augusta accountant was charged Thursday with embezzling more than $325,000 from ACC Construction Company over three years.
Cheryl Snover, 59, was charged with felony theft by conversion, according to an arrest warrant. She has been booked into the Richmond County Jail.
- Snover embezzled $327,593.91 from ACC Construction Company, where she worked.
- The money was taken between April 2016 and July 2018 without authorization from owner Mason McKnigt
- She wrote 15 checks totaling $267,000 to py on her personal credit card accounts.
- On February 27, 2018, Snover allegedly made an electronic transfer in the amount of $29,438.82, and paid her Chase Credit card account.
- On May 4, 2018, the suspect made an electronic transfer in the amount of $30,473.54, and paid her Chase Credit card account.
“(She) purported to be authorized to use said assets which was false and the accused knew it to be false,” the warrant says.
For more crime news, pick up a new copy of The Jail Report each Friday! It is sold in local gas stations.