How did an 82-year-old Augusta woman react when a CVS employee confronted her about the stolen body spray in her purse?
It’s one of many stories in this week’s edition of The Jail Report, hitting stands Feb. 4th. (Front page: http://thejailreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Cover-Issue-636.jpg)
Anniliese Young, 82, of Augusta was arrested for shoplifting last week from the CVS Pharmacy on Walton Way. A CVS employee told deputies that she saw the elderly woman take a $7 bottle of Sexual Fantasies body spray and place it in her purse. The suspect then walked out without paying.
The employee stopped the woman outside, and Young turned over the bottle to the worker and began apologizing.
When a deputy arrived, the employee said she wanted to prosecute Young, and the elderly woman was taken to jail.
Other stories in this week’s edition of The Jail Report:
* Stephon Carter Escapes Death Row with Plea Deal in Aiken Cop Killing
* Will Aiken County Residents Accept Strom Thurmond’s reasoning in last-minute deal?
* Post Office Delivers Pounds of Pot, Leading to 2 Arrests
* Mother & Daughters Attack Woman Inside Asian Restaurant in North Augusta
* Roundtree’s Column: Sheriff is Asked About the Law on Exhaust on Cars from the 60s
* Attorney’s Column: Jeffrey Johnston Gives a Look at Custody Issues with Older Children
* Augusta Target Employee Out of a Job After Gaming Thefts
* Senior Citizen Attacks Boyfriend with Hammer in Augusta
* Driver Punches Edgefield County Deputy, Flees Arrest
* Grovetown Teen Gets Stuck in Mud While Damaging Future Church Site
* Wife of Dog-Humping Dad Jailed After Drug Accusation
* Grovetown Man Videos Girlfriend’s Daughter in Bathroom
* Dumb Crooks USA
* Fun with Captions
* & More!
The Jail Report is sold in local convenience stores for $1.