Sunday, August 7, 2022
HomeNewsMarijuana Cookie Eaten by Mistake; Augusta Boy, 3, Ends Up in Hospital

Marijuana Cookie Eaten by Mistake; Augusta Boy, 3, Ends Up in Hospital

-

A 3-year-old Augusta boy ate a marijuana cookie that his uncle left unsecured, resulting in a trip to Doctors Hospital, authorities said.

Tawan Grant, 32, of the 3600 block of Peach Orchard Road, was watching his sister’s child on April 15 when the boy ate part of the cookie, according to a sheriff’s report.

The mother had gone to Atlanta that morning and returned home around lunchtime. She found her child was extremely lethargic and would not wake up. Grant told his sister that her son had “taken an edible cookie from his book bag and had eaten part of it,” the report says.

The mother notified Poison Control and she was told to take her child to Doctors Hospital. A nurse told officers that the child did test positive for marijuana using a urine test.

Back at his apartment, Grant confessed to officers that his nephew did eat one of his marijuana cookies that that had not been secured. He was jailed on a charge of contributing to delinquency or dependency of a minor

DFACS was notified, and the child was expected to be OK, the report says.

 

 

Greg Rickabaugh
Greg Rickabaugh
Greg Rickabaugh is an award-winning crime reporter in the Augusta-Aiken area with experience writing for The Augusta Chronicle, The Augusta Press and serving as publisher of The Jail Report. Rickabaugh is a 1994 graduate of the University of South Carolina and has appeared on several crime documentaries on the Investigation Discovery channel.
- Advertisment -