The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office made five arrests early Friday in its latest crackdown on prostitution in the Augusta area.
Here are the names and charges:
- Christina Allen, 40, of Augusta, Solicitation or transport for prostitution
- Dwayne Williams, 27, of Thomson, Cocaine possession with intent to distribute, solicitation or transport for prostitution, theft by receiving stolen property – felony, weapon possession
- Samantha Topolski-Prickett, 31, of Harlem, Solicitation or transport for prostitution
- Shiala Rivas, 33, of Goose Creek, Solicitation or transport for prostitution
- Taylor Quarles, 26, of Augusta, Solicitation or transport for prostitution
Members of the RCSO Narcotics/Vice/Gang division usually set up their operation in a local hotel room, targeting both the women who sell themselves online and the men who transport them.
The vice unit targeted websites where the women advertise their services with pictures and phone numbers. Officers called them and recorded what they were willing to do. The meet-up is usually done at a local undisclosed hotel, where officers set up undercover video surveillance to record the offer before making the arrest.