The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office made 12 arrests early Friday in the latest crackdown on prostitution and solicitation in Augusta.
Below are the names of those arrested for solicitation or transport for prostitution. Their mugshots are each featured in the video.
- Mary Sutherland, 56, of Augusta
- Germania Lazenby, 52, of Augusta
- Precious Christina Morrison, 27, of Augusta
- Valencia Carter, 46, of Augusta
- Alicia Judson, 51, of Augusta
- Myra Bates, 53, Augusta
- Charnet Jeter, 40, of Augusta
- Lilly Bush, 45, of Augusta
- Amber Crawford, 26, of Augusta
- Doris Payne, 59, of Graniteville
- Dynachella Hayes. 39, of Hephzibah
- Frederick Lawrence Jr., 36, of Augusta
Members of the RCSO Narcotics/Vice/Gang division usually set up their operation in a local hotel room, targeting both the women who sell themselves online and the men who transport them.
The vice unit targeted websites where the women advertise their services with pictures and phone numbers. Officers called them and recorded what they were willing to do. The meet-up is usually done at a local undisclosed hotel, where officers set up undercover video surveillance to record the offer before making the arrest.