Local residents posted a series of videos reportedly taken Thursday night at the Carolina Dragway in Aiken County.
The videos show a large fight, a big crowd and a woman losing her wig.
Take a look at the videos, including one posted by Joseph Griffin:
Aiken County authorities say they would not necessarily have investigated the fight unless someone complained or reported it. They occasionally have deputies at the drag strip working off-duty assignments. But it’s not clear if they had anyone there Thursday night.
The viral video posted by Griffin has already been shared nearly 500 times and generated over 170 comments, such as this:
• Regina: “All them people out there and I don’t see no dam body with no mask on”
• Zerica: “They finna shut the track down.”
• Betty: “Wow. Sumbody blonde wig came off.”
• Bebe: “Smfh, black people we need to do better. That’s why other races degrade us so much; look how you guys are behaving. Black lives matters in all situations. Do better, set an example for our children.”
• Ashley: “THE TRACK never had problems till all these extra people started going there. Use to be people who truly wanna see a race and go Home!”