Six women were arrested in Richmond County’s latest crackdown on prostitution, according to jail records.
Members of the RCSO Narcotics/Vice/Gang division are known for setting up operations in local hotel rooms. In this case, arrests were made Friday. They usually target both the women who sell themselves online and the others who transport them.
Here are the names of the six women arrested Friday and charged with solicitation of transport for prostitution:
- Lauren Elizabeth Harter, 33, of Duncan Road., North Augusta
- Meranda Wood, 36, of Minneapolis, Minn.
- Jamie Viola Burdette, 30, of Marlboro Street, Martinez
- Stephanie Lastar Cadle, 34, of Pleasant Home Road, Augusta
- Deborah Daigle, 54, of Highway 88, Blythe
- Jamie Schultz, 42, of Royal Street, Augusta
The vice unit frequently targets websites where women advertise their services with pictures and phone numbers. Officers call them and record what they are willing to do. The meet-up is done at a local hotel, where officers set up undercover video surveillance to record the offer before making the arrest.