Here are Tuesday’s developments in the investigation into the weekend drive-by shooting death of 8-year-old Arbrie Anthony in Augusta:
- RCSO SAYS NO ARRESTS MADE: At mid-morning, a sheriff’s spokesman said despite some media reports, “we have questioned individuals regarding this case that remains ongoing. However, at this time, we have made no arrests in relation to the homicide.”
- THE SUSPECT CAR HAS NOT BEEN FOUND: “Not yet,” a spokesman said. The Jail Report passed along a reader tip to law enforcement about a car parked in Aiken that matched the description.
- TRAFFIC STOP IN GROVETOWN: Several media outlets reported earlier that Grovetown Public Safety assisted U.S. Marshals and the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office with a traffic stop of a white Dodge Charger at a Jiffy Lube that led to the apprehension of several suspects. Those suspects have not been charged in the murder, however there are reports that officers found several weapons during the stop, and the investigation is continuing.
- GOFUNDME PAGE TOPS $32,000. The organizer of a fundraiser to help with funeral expenses and other family needs has increased the goal to $50,000 after donations flew past the $20,000 requested. Current donations at the time of this post are over $32,000. (GOFUNDME: https://gofund.me/38e79e5c)
- CALLING OUT THE KILLERS: A Facebook post by relative Felicia Yesitsme Nero-Autry identifying who she claims are the killers has been viewed over 26,000 times with over 1,300 shares. Some people are thanking her, like Gloria Young: “Thank You for being brave and calling them out. We need more people like you!”
- PURPLE HEARTS CAMPAIGN: There is a campaign is underway on social media to honor “Princess Arbrie” with purple hearts.” Previous story: https://augustacrime.com/augusta-video-shows-street-activity-horses-as-drive-by-shooting-kills-8-year-old-girl/